Dwelling Properties is what is more commonly known as “basic fire insurance.” It may be used to insure owner-or tenant-occupied homes (including mobile homes), and it can also be used to insure properties you may own that are weekend or seasonal getaways.  Your Dwelling Properties policy comes standard with coverage for other structures on your property (garage, tool shed, etc), as well as coverage for your personal belongings (furniture, clothing, etc.) for loss like fire or lightning, windstorm or hail and vandalism (up to policy limits, and subject to policy terms.

With Dwelling Properties insurance, you get the peace of mind that your property is insured against fire, but you can also add optional coverages, such as:

  •  Extended Coverages, which include:
    • Windstorm and Hail
    • Riot or Civil Commotion
    • Smoke
    • Sinkhole Collapse
    • Damage from Vehicles or Aircraft
    • Volcanic Eruption
  •  Broad Coverages, which include:
    • Burglary Damage
    • Falling Objects
    • The weight of Ice, Snow or Sleet
    • Accidental Tearing Apart, Burning or Bulging
    • Accidental Discharge of Liquids or Steam
    • Freezing of Plumbing or Heating System
    • Sudden and Accidental Electrical Damage
  • Special Form Coverages, which provide coverage for a great number of conditions, with certain exceptions.
  • Liability, which provides coverage for your (legal responsibilities) for injuries and/or property damage you may cause to other people (subject to policy limitations) can be added for an additional cost.